Flat Iron takes your privacy seriously and we are open about the way data is collected and used. Please read this notice, which outlines the principles we follow.
Personal data we collect
We collect your email address if you choose to join our mailing list. We use this to send occasional emails about news and events at Flat Iron. You are welcome to withdraw your consent and stop receiving these updates at any time – simply click unsubscribe in any email we send you, or get in touch to let us know: email@example.com
What we do to protect your data
Our website is hosted by Heroku, who apply security best practices to protect data passing through the site: heroku.com/policy/security
When you submit your email address to join our mailing list, it is sent to MailChimp, who store it in a secure database. It is only accessible by authorised members of the Flat Iron team who use MailChimp to send out our news and event emails. For more information about MailChimp and the security practices they apply, see: mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Right of confirmation: You have the right to ask if and why we hold personal data about you.
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You have the right to have your personal data erased without undue delay.
- Right of restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict what we do with your personal data.
- Right of data portability: When requesting a copy your data, you have the right to receive it in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to us handling your personal data.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your data.
You may, at any time, exercise any of the above rights, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to complain to the supervisory authority if you believe your data hasn’t been processed lawfully.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to improve a user's experience.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
For more information, visit: google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Updates to this notice
This notice was last updated on 23 May 2018. We may change it from time to time so please check here to see the latest version.
If you have any concerns or questions relating to Flat Iron’s website privacy, please email us: email@example.com