The safety of our guests and teams is paramount to us. Over the last few weeks we have worked hard to make our restaurants safe for you and for our staff following government guidance. Here are some of the key changes you can expect when you visit us:
– Our teams continue to adhere to strict hygiene standards; they have received enhanced hygiene training and are separated according to the rota to minimise contact;
– We have trained our teams for almost every eventuality so you can really enjoy your meal with us;
– Our teams have the opportunity to use face visors if they choose to;
– We have introduced bookings to ensure guests can easily have access to a table;
– We have removed menus from the tables and introduced wall menus to help eliminate as much unnecessary contact as possible;
– We have sanitisers for use at the entrance to our restaurants for guests;
– Our tables are distanced;
– We sanitise and clean surfaces and key hand contact points regularly;
– We are now cashless only and accept any card except American Express.
Our opening hours vary slightly from one restaurant to the other, please check our locations page to find out the opening hours of the restaurant you are planning to visit.
If you’ve lost something in one of our restaurants, please email email@example.com with a description of the item you’ve lost, the date you visited, a contact number and let us know which of our restaurants you were at.
Please let your waiter know if you have any allergies. While all of our teams are fully trained on allergens and can advise you on what dishes are appropriate for your requirements, we cannot guarantee the absence of traces of nuts or other allergens.
We are keen to welcome all to Flat Iron. With our very limited menu, there isn’t a vast amount for those who don’t eat meat, but you will be very welcome. We would recommend our Roast Aubergine which is available as a main, together with our creamed spinach. It’s worth noting both of these contain parmesan. Our green salad and sweet potato side are totally vegetarian.
Please be aware that our chips and popcorn are cooked in beef dripping.
We do not have a special kids’ menu, but it’s never too early to encourage a love of steak (maybe worth cutting it into smaller bits for the little ones.)
Our meat is not halal, our suppliers use traditional British butchery methods.
Cleavers, whisky flasks & gift vouchers
Our cleavers and whisky flasks are available to buy at any of our restaurants for £10 and £6 respectively – unfortunately we don’t ship them.
We don’t currently offer gift vouchers, as an alternative you could gift our Butcher’s demos. These demonstrations with our in-house butcher last 45 minutes and they’re only £10. Your hosts can sort out a table afterwards. You can find out more here.
We’d love to hear from you. Thoughts, suggestions, praise, complaints all very welcome; firstname.lastname@example.org